Hood College Department of Computer Science
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Courses Taught, Fall, 2010
- CS 284 Computer Science I
- CS 503 Algorithms and Programming I
- CS471/571 Programming Languages
- Ph. D. Computer Science, North Dakota State University
- M.S. Computer Science Minnesota State University
Research and Teaching Interests
- Object-oriented programming
- Database management
- Image/video processing
- Video segmentation, annotation, and access
- Data mining
- A. Dong and H. Li, "Semantic segmentation of documentary video using music breaks," in Proc. of the 2006 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), Toronto, Canada, July 2006.
- H. Li and A. Dong, "Hierarchical segmentation of presentation video through visual and text analysis," in Proc. of the 6th IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology, Vancouver, Canada, July 2006, pp. 314-319.
- A. Dong and H. Li, "Multi-ontology based multimedia annotation for domain-specific information retrieval," in Proc. of the IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Technology and Ubiquitous Computing, Taichung, Taiwan, June 2006, pp. 158-165.
- Taufik Abidin, Aijuan Dong, Honglin Li and William Perrizo, "Efficient image classification on vertically decomposed data", in Proc of 1st IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Databases and Data Management, Atlanta, Georgia, April 2006, p 14.
- A. Dong and H. Li, "Ontology-based information integration in virtual learning environment," in Proc. of the 2005 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence, Compiegne, France, Sept. 2005, pp. 762-765.
- A. Dong and H. Li, "Multimedia access platform in virtual learning environment," in Proc of the IEEE International Conference on Electro and Information Technology, Lincoln, NE, May 2005, pp. 1-6.
- For a full list of publications, please check here.
Last Modified: September 22 2010 10:31:04.